Showcased at PlastIndia 2018 Address India's Growing Demand for Convenience, Comfort, Quality and Safety
(SINGAPORE, Feb. 8, 2018 PRNewswire=연합뉴스) India's surging middle class is driving demand for sustainable packaging and plastics that improve convenience, quality and safety. At PlastIndia 2018 -- February 7-12, 2018 -- Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics [https://in.dow.com/en-us/markets-and-solutions/packaging ] (P&SP), a business unit of The Dow Chemical Company, will showcase its innovative portfolio of packaging and plastics solutions that address changing market needs in India and the Asia Pacific region.
"Rising affluence and changing lifestyles have raised the expectations of the consumers in India. From packaging to transportation, consumer goods to infrastructure, rising demands to improve living standards see them placing a greater focus on convenience, comfort, quality and safety in various aspects of their lives," said Bambang Candra, Asia Pacific commercial vice president of Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics. "With one of the world's largest and broadest supply of raw materials across all categories, Dow remains committed to developing game-changing technologies that keep pace with these evolving trends to improve the way we live."
A "Total Package" to Meet India's Evolving Market Needs
Heightened demand for high-performance packaging and specialty plastics across industries requires manufacturers in India to utilize advanced solutions to retain their competitive advantage. Aligned with the theme, "Together, We Deliver More," Dow P&SP at PlastIndia 2018 will highlight a differentiated and market-driven portfolio of resins, films and adhesives that deliver a total package that is more sustainable, cost-efficient and capable of meeting new packaging and plastics preferences. These solutions include:-
Food and Specialty Packaging: From snack-size packaging to stand-up food pouches, Dow's leading portfolio of high-performance, flexible packaging materials are designed with consumer needs in mind, and enhance food safety, freshness, convenience, shelf appeal and sustainability.
- Dow's All PE Laminate [https://in.dow.com/en-us/news/monomaterial-packaging-sustainability ] solution enables the reuse of flexible packaging material post-consumption, helping brand owners comply with recent government guidelines in India to minimize plastics waste and move toward a circular economy.
- Offering excellent stiffness, toughness and processability, INNATE™ Precision Packaging Resins [https://www.dow.com/en-us/packaging/products/innate ] are used in food and e-commerce packaging, like stand-up pouches and liquid packaging, heavy-duty laminates for processed food to prevent drop-failures, leakage and wear and tear.
- AGILITY™ Performance LDPE Resins [https://www.dow.com/en-us/packaging/products/agility ] for low-to-medium-to-high speed extrusion coatings provide strong adhesion, sealing and optical properties. The resins can be used in either single or co-extruded structures as decor, lamination and sealant layers.
- Easy-to-tear tenter frame biaxially oriented polyethylene (TF-BOPE) film [https://www.dow.com/en-us/news/press-releases/dow-launches-innovative-tf-bope-to-meet-commercial-mass-production-requirements ] strengthens the mechanical performance of packaging, like rice bags and heavy-duty shipping sacks. By combining it with other PE functional layers, TF-BOPE can achieve a packaging with all PR structure, making it easy to recycle and elevating brand owners' sustainability quotients.
Industrial Packaging: Dow's industrial packaging solutions enable stronger, more durable packaging options by offering outstanding mechanical properties, such as puncture resistance, toughness and protection against damage, and delivering maximum load stability during transportation, handling and storage.
- Enhanced Expanded Polyethylene (EPE) foam [https://www.dow.com/en-us/news/press-releases/dow’s-enhanced-expanded-polyethylene-(epe)-foam-solution-wins-innovation-technology-award ] allows brand owners to reduce material use, while improving the integrity of packaging.
- As a lighter weight alternative to traditional metal cylinders, Dow's industrial packaging solutions enable the development of high-quality PE casings for composite cylinders.
Health and Hygiene: Fiber-grade resins improve comfort and fit for users of absorbent consumer goods such as baby diapers, feminine hygiene and adult incontinence products with ultra-softness and cloth-like feel.
Adhesives: Multi-layer flexible packaging with solventless and water-based adhesives help converters and manufacturers address growing demand for safety and sustainability, and comply with increasingly stringent laws and regulations regarding VOC emissions.
Transportation: Thermoplastic olefin (TPO) and ethylene propylene diene terpolymer (EPDM) technologies help automotive manufacturers meet industry needs for lightweighting, durability, safety and improved aesthetics.
Photovoltaics (PV): Advanced Polyolefin Elastomers (POE) improve power output and performance of PV modules through POE-based encapsulant films that reduce cost and help safeguard energy generation over the lifetime of a PV system.
Footwear: Innovative Ethylene Copolymers and Olefin Block Copolymers for footwear midsoles meet market-driven trends to enhance performance, automation, sustainability and fashion.
Wire and Cable: Setting industry standards for efficiency across power and telecommunications, polymeric compounds help construct reliable, long-lasting wires, cables and cable accessories.
Agriculture Film: Plastic mulch films -- designed with DOWLEX™ PE Resins -- prevent direct evaporation of moisture from soil, limit water loss and soil erosion, and help ensure favorable conditions for plant growth and efficient crop production.
The recent opening of Pack Studios Mumbai reiterates Dow's local commitment to customers, and helps advance new and improved packaging products quickly alongside brand owners and partners in the value chain.
Dow P&SP will be located at PlastIndia booth H15A9 in Hall 15. Diego Donoso, business president of Packaging and Specialty Plastics, will present a keynote speech on February 8 at the International Plastics Conference held in conjunction with the exhibition.
For more information, please visit https://in.dow.com/en-us/markets-and-solutions/packaging.
About Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics
Packaging and Specialty Plastics, a business unit of The Dow Chemical Company (Dow), combines core strengths of R&D, worldwide reach, broad product lines and industry expertise to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions for plastics. The business is one of the largest polyethylene producers in the world, and a leading collaborator across the value chain on the development of new technologies and applications for high growth markets in packaging, health & hygiene, transportation, consumer, and infrastructure.
The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) combines science and technology knowledge to develop premier materials science solutions that are essential to human progress. Dow has one of the strongest and broadest toolkits in the industry, with robust technology, asset integration, scale and competitive capabilities that enable it to address complex global issues. Dow's market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of advanced materials, industrial intermediates, and plastics businesses deliver a broad range of differentiated technology-based products and solutions for customers in high-growth markets such as packaging, infrastructure, and consumer care. Dow is a subsidiary of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form three strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty sectors. More information can be found at www.dow.com
Source: Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics
[편집자 주] 본고는 자료 제공사에서 제공한 것으로, 연합뉴스는 내용에 대해 어떠한 편집도 하지 않았음을 밝혀 드립니다.
<저작권자(c) 연합뉴스, 무단 전재-재배포 금지>